Looking for some of the best stain removal tips?
Honest to goodness….sometimes it’s harder than heck to get stains out of clothes, especially kids’ clothes. I’ve learned over the years how to tackle some of the worst ones but it has always been trial and error. Between mud, dirt, grass and who knows what all else…well, you know. You’ve got kids too, right?!
Here are some of the best stain removal tips from our awesome-sauce Moms Check In mommas! If you have any great tips, PLEASE leave them in a comment below! We want to hear them! P.S. We have an awesome Twitter party coming up next week with Dreft and you could win some awesome prizes. Make sure to RSVP below!
“Cold water! As soon as you can with a stain get it in some cold water and use a little stain remover. Hot or even very warm water can set the stain.”
– Amanda is the mom to Joshua and owns It’s a Fabulous Life. If you are looking for a one stop place for all things mom, It’s a Fabulous Life is it! Full of recipes, fashion, DIY projects, recipes and parenting articles it’s the place for all of Mom’s favorites to come together! Follow her on Twitter here!
– Jenni is the mom of one and the author of Sweet Pennies From Heaven. A hearth and home website, Sweet Pennies From Heaven focuses on recipes, crafts and creating a comfortable home. Follow her on Twitter here!
“My best tip, and one I’ve learned the hard way (multiple times – I’m a slow learner) is to make sure the stain came out in the wash before you put the garment in the dryer. Once you dry it, it’s kind of set in there and really hard, if not impossible, to get out.”
– Lindsay is the mom of 2 and author of See Mom Click. She shares great deals, Disney happenings and recipes. You can follow her on Twitter here!
“Oh my word I am the one that needs tips. Never buy white shirts? Eat with a bib? Hope for the best? I have learned over many ruined clothes to look for stains and pre-treat them, check pockets twice for tissues and use good quality cleaning products.”
– Stephanie is the mom to Sam and the author of Spaceships and Laser Beams. If you ever need party ideas her site is the place to visit! Specializing in all things boy, it’s full of inspiration! Follow her on Twitter here!
“I’m the mom of two non-stop kids, one who likes to make mud pies and one that likes to wear her food. Both together give me a run for my money on dirty laundry. So, what do I do at the end of the day when their clothes are covered in stains? My best laundry stain removal tips are relatively simple, because I like easy. My first tip is to put a stain-treating spray on it as soon as you can. Even if you aren’t going to wash the clothes that day, put the stain-treating spray on it first and leave it until you’re ready to wash. My next tip is to soak the clothes for a few minutes in the washing machine. Most washing machines have a Pre-Wash or Soak setting and that’s what I’d do after pre-treating the stain and before running through the regular wash cycle. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, but these are my go-to favorite tips for battling the laundry stains.”
– Sherry is a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom to two little ones and has been married to a wonderful man for the last fifteen years. Join her on her journey to celebrate family, rant about anything and keep it all positive. She writes about family, travel, recipes, kids, reviews & fun. Come, join her controlled (sometimes uncontrolled) chaos at Family Love, and Other Stuff. You can also find her on Twitter at @FamLuvStuff.
What is Moms Check In?
Who are the moms of Moms Check In? We’re 4 moms who are also professional bloggers. We chat about a new topic each week. We talk about things from dirty diapers to date night, and everything in between. Moms love to talk to other moms and let’s face it…MOMS know everything!! If you happen to be a blogger also, and want to be a guest host one week, please fill out this form.
Before you leave, let us know…
What’s your best laundry stain removal tip?
Did you know that Dreft has more than just laundry detergent? They also have the most amazing stain removers! The To-Go Instant Stain Remover Pen removes stains, well, instantly and it’s the perfect size for keeping in your bag. The Laundry Stain Remover is sure to find a permanent home in your laundry room. It will become your best friend for getting out the toughest stains! I really love the Laundry Stain Remover also comes in a smaller spray! Perfect for taking with you on the go! Want to know more about Dreft products and have the chance to win some amazing prizes? Join us for our #DreftClean Twitter Party! It will be Thursday, November 13 from 1-2 PM (Eastern). You will need to RSVP here to be eligible to win some fantastic prizes (including: Dreft prize packs, copies of Scary Mommy’s new book and even a Kindle Fire!)
Dreft, Kandoo and Boogie Wipes are all working together this year with Scary Mommy to help feed 100 families this Thanksgiving. You can read more about the Scary Mommy Thanksgiving Project and find out how to get involved!
You should also Follow Dreft on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to stay connected!! RSVP for the Twitter party below!