Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
It’s that time of year! Girl Scout Cookie time has arrived and I wanted to send out this awesome post again, so that all of YOU can put these Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches together!
These were so good and I couldn’t stop eating them. They’re pretty dang addicting. Are you ready for this super difficult Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe? Get ready, and take lots of notes. Juuuuuuust kidding. It’s really easier than peasy!
What You’ll Need:
- Thin Mints Cookies (or any of these mint cookies will work if you don’t have Girl Scout Cookies on hand.)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Cookie or Ice Cream Scoop
(The ice cream started to get soft, so I ended up sticking it back in the freezer before finishing the rest.)
- Use a scoop to plop one dollop of ice cream on top of one cookie. Smush ice cream down with another cookie.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2.
See how simple that is? Plop, smush, eat, repeat! Plop, smush, eat, repeat!
Okay, now in all honesty…there are a few things I want to mention. Just to save you some time.
Before you begin to assemble these Thin Mint ice cream sandwiches, let the ice cream thaw JUST a little bit. Not too much. You want it thawed just enough that you can easily scoop it out. You still want the ice cream a bit firm, but easy to scoop.
When you smush the second cookie on top of the ice cream, just smush it till the ice cream starts to barely seep out the side and then stop! You don’t want to squeeze it so much that the ice cream starts coming out all the way. If it IS doing that too easily, you may need to stick your ice cream back in the freezer for a bit to stiffen back up.
After assembling them, place back in the freezer on a wax paper lined baking sheet, tray, or plate until it’s time to serve them. They’re actually too hard to eat if the ice cream is soft so you want them nice and frozen!
- Thin Mints (or any Mint cookies would work)
- Mint Ice Cream
- Place one scoop of ice cream on a cookie.
- Lay another cookie on top and smush down to form a sandwich.
- Place on wax paper and then refreeze them until ready to serve.
Don’t miss out on these!!! If you’ve got a box of Tagalong Girl Scout Cookies, then you’ve got to check out our Tagalongs Peanut Butter S’Mores post! These are just as easy to put together…and they’re JUST as addicting!
What Girl Scout Cookies are your favorite?