Do you get in a rut with your menu planning? We do fairly often. I started using the eMeals Menu Planning service and so far I love it!! They even have a FREE eMeals iPhone app that makes it so much easier to use. One of the meals that was in the menu for this week was Sesame Chicken. It was super easy and fun to fix. So much so – that I wanted to share with you! With the eMeals plan, they provide you with ideas for side dishes too + they include a shopping list depending on the store you choose to shop from…love that! I don’t even have to make my list anymore for myself…well, just a few exceptions.
This Sesame Chinese Chicken was sooooo good. I’m not always a big fan of Chinese food but the hubs is and he absolutely loved it. We were both happy campers. Next time I want to use a sweet & sour sauce…that’ll be fun! Below is the recipe and if you scroll further down you’ll find a printable version of the recipe for your convenience.
Sesame Chinese Chicken Ingredients:
1.45 lbs chicken breast
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground ginger (we didn’t have any so this part could be considered “optional”)
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cut up chicken into cubes
- Cook chicken and garlic in a wok or frying pan in sesame oil until no longer pink.
- Mix together with honey, soy sauce, water, corn starch, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Whisk together until corn starch dissolves completely.
- Add sauce to chicken and cook until sauce thickens slightly.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice with stir fry vegetables as a side dish.
More reader favorite recipes:
Chicken & Dumplings (using canned biscuit dough)
Mocha Frappe Recipe (tastes like McDonald’s!!)
Caramel Frappe Recipe (tastes like McDonald’s!!)