Pecan Bacon and Ranch Cheeseball
Seriously. Can you find anything wrong with pecans, bacon, ranch and cheese? This pecan bacon and ranch cheeseball recipe combines all of that atop a buttery cracker and it’s heaven in your mouth. We’re coming up on the New Year and my family will be getting together in a couple of days, like we always do to ring in the New Year. To watch basketball. To play cards. You name it, anytime we can find an excuse to get together and eat — we do it! Like bosses, no less!
I threw this hot little number together in a jiffy and it’s so good, I had to share it with the rest of the world. I’ve had MANY a cheeseball recipe in my lifetime and they’re all divine but I had YET to have one with bacon. So I took it to the next level, my friends. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! It’s recommended to let the cheeseball sit for 24 hours but we can never wait that long…hahaha!!!
P.S. you can find the printable recipe down below!
2 blocks of cream cheese, 8 oz. each softened
2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 package of Hidden Valley ranch dip mix
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
3-4 green onions, sliced thinly
2 oz. pecan chips (or crushed pecans)
Fry bacon until crispy, then lay on papertowel to drain grease. Crumble the bacon, then set aside.
Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer or with a handmixer in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
Add shredded cheese and the **ranch mix, and mix until completely combined.
**If you use the whole 1 oz. packet of seasoning, the cheeseball can be on the salty side. I recommend using about half the package, taste it straight from the bowl…and then decide if you can handle more or not. Because this recipe also has bacon and pecans….there’s plenty of salt already.
Add the crumbled bacon and green onions, mix until completely combined.
Scoop mixture into the center of a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap into a ball shape. You can also line a small bowl with a large piece of plastic wrap, then scoop mixture into the bowl – wrapping the ends up at the top. I’ve done this pictured here. Place in the freezer long enough to firm up.
Pour pecan chips into a large bowl. After mixture is firm, remove the plastic wrap and begin pressing the pecans onto the surface of the cheeseball. Do this over the bowl, so any pieces fall back into the bowl. Easier cleanup. 😉
Serve with crackers!
- 2 blocks of cream cheese, 8 oz. each softened
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package of Hidden Valley ranch dip mix * (I recommend using about half the package, giving a taste from the bowl and then decide if you want to add the rest. It can be on the salty side if you use the whole package – considering there’s also bacon and pecans in the recipe.)
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3-4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 oz. pecan chips (or crushed pecans)
- Fry bacon until crispy, then lay on papertowel to drain grease. Crumble the bacon, then set aside.
- Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer or with a handmixer in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add shredded cheese and the ranch mix, and mix until completely combined.
- Add the crumbled bacon and green onions, mix until completely combined.
- Serve with crackers!
Here’s another fan favorite appetizer recipe, perfect for New Year’s, game night or your next pitch in!
What are your favorite appetizers?