Grilling season is HERE! Yess!!!! We fired ours up a couple of weeks ago and have grilled out a few times already. To me, food just tastes better when it’s been grilled, especially over charcoal. Anytime we have family get togethers, we always cook out. My husband considers it his duty to maintain the grill, cook the food, and look good while doin’ it. However, he does have some important tips to make grilling season around here pretty perfect.
Tips for Grilling Like a Pro:
1. Keep a spray bottle with water handy to knock down any flames. When grease drops onto the fire, it can cause flames to pop up higher than you want so just spray some water to keep them at bay.
2. Prepare meat before you grill. Marinate the meat a few hours or even the day before in whatever marinades you like. Play around with a few different ones, either store bought or homemade. You’ll eventually find a few favorites!
3. Grilling utensils. Make sure to have a great set of grilling utensils made for grilling. They’re usually long handled for convenience. My husband has a set that he loves and wouldn’t take anything for.
4. Wire brush for cleaning the grill. The grates on the grill get nasty very fast so make sure that you have a wire brush for cleaning those bad boys. If they get super grungy, soak in some hot water with Dawn dish liquid and scrub with wire brush.
5. Have a nice collection of herbs and spices. Playing around with different flavors can really enhance the taste of the food you’re grilling. We have a large “collection” of spices that he likes to use. Some are store bought and others he’s mixed himself. He’s like a scientist!
6. Grill in an open space. Please, for the love of everything holy….don’t grill under a porch or under a ceiling. Just don’t.
7. Cover that baby up. We love our grills. Spend a few extra dollars and get a cover for your grill to keep it protected from the weather…and the birds!! Bleck!! We love cooking on charcoal grills. It’s just so easy. This weekend while we were catching up on yard work and mowing, he fired up the grill and we had some lunch outside. Perfect weather…perfect day!
Did you know that Char-Broil brought the first charcoal grill to market over 65 years ago. Since then they’ve kept making bigger and better grills, always working to make millions of people happy during grilling season each year.
The new Char-Broil Kettleman Grill is a 22.5″ Charcoal Grill. It’s an updated kettle-style grill with vast improvements that is more efficient and easier to use. It’s no ordinary charcoal kettle grill. This baby is loaded with features that have better control over every aspect of the cooking process.
- Temperature Control – With a super sized cool-touch damper on the grill’s lid, heat management is easy. Vents around the body of the kettle allow air to fuel the fire from all sides, providing even heat to the cooking surface.
- Flare-Up Control – A porcelain coated no-fall-through grate allows charcoal flavor through while keeping flames away from food. Wood chips can be thrown on the grate and small foods like shrimp or asparagus will never fall into the fire.
- Charcoal Control – Designed to grill twice as many burgers with the same 50 briquettes as the leading kettle.
- Ash Control – A slide-in, porcelain-coated ashtray is tight against the grill making cleanup and maintenance simpler than ever.
- Stability Control – Wide stance, heavy-gauge steel legs add stability and easy mobility. A bottom shelf doubles as a holder for the cooking grate or other accessories.
The Kettleman also has a hinged and latching lid that never has to touch the ground while grilling. That makes moving the grill around, and to even take with you camping, a breeze! You can find the Char-Broil Kettleman at Lowe’s or online at www.charbroil.com. Click on over to find out more features and learn more about the Kettleman grill. Priced around $129, you can’t beat it for that awesome charcoal cooked flavor.