7 Healthy Recipe Hacks
One of my favorite things to do is eat. I can’t help. I just love food. The older I get though, the more I realize how much the extra weight I’ve put on is affecting my overall health. One little trick I’ve learned to help combat extra fat and calories, but still being allowed to eat my favorite things – is to make healthy swaps with my ingredients.
Our “Moms Check In” crew and I are sharing some of our favorite healthy recipe hacks below. If your goal is to lose a few pounds while still eating some really delicious treats and food then you’ll love these!
- Banana Bread using Greek Yogurt
- Mini Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins with Applesauce
- Pumpkin Muffins with Applesauce and Greek Yogurt
- 2-Ingredient Low Fat Pumpkin Muffins
- 25 Greek Yogurt Recipes including Dips, Cakes, Cookies and More
- Skinny Bacon, Chicken and Asparagus Penne (with Alfredo sauce)
- Natural Red Velvet Cupcakes
“Sometimes you just need something rich, creamy, cheesy and delicious. Alfredo is one of my favorites and if I could, I would eat it a lot more than I do! But usually it’s full of heavy cream and lots of butter. When I first heard about using cream cheese instead, I wasn’t so sure. But this recipe is a winner! It’s delicious, better than any jar sauce and you would NEVER know this Alfredo sauce is a lighter version than the original!“
– Amanda is the mom to Joshua and owns It’s a Fabulous Life. If you are looking for a one stop place for all things mom, It’s a Fabulous Life is it! Full of recipes, fashion, DIY projects, recipes and parenting articles it’s the place for all of Mom’s favorites to come together! Follow her on Twitter here!
“ I’ve been making some healthy recipe swaps the last couple of years. I really love the idea of still being able to eat everything I love, but I also love the challenge of finding new ways to make a healthier version of those recipes. For instance, these 2-ingredient pumpkin muffins have no oil or eggs. Super moist and much healthier. Also, swapping out mayo or sour cream for non-fat greek yogurt. GENIUS! Here are 25 easy greek yogurt recipes on the blog including dips, cakes, cookies and more!“
– Jenni is the mom of one and the author of Sweet Pennies From Heaven. A hearth and home website, Sweet Pennies From Heaven focuses on recipes, crafts and creating a comfortable home. Follow her on Twitter here!
“I love baked goods way more than I should so to shed some of the fat, calories, and guilt, I started replacing oil in some of my recipes with either applesauce or Greek yogurt. You lose none of the flavor and in fact, I’ve found that I prefer my muffins and breads made this way. Two of my favorite muffin recipes with these swaps are these Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins and my Mini Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Chips. The one I make the most is this easy Banana Bread with Greek Yogurt. So moist and tasty!“
“Party food is so much fun and even more so when you’ve snuck in some healthy foods! These Naturally Colored Red Velvet Cupcakes use beets instead of red food dye to bring them their vibrant color. Your kids will never know the difference!“
– Stephanie is the mom to Sam and the author of Spaceships and Laser Beams. If you ever need party ideas her site is the place to visit! Specializing in all things boy, it’s full of inspiration! Follow her on Twitter here!
Who are the moms of Moms Check In? We’re 4 moms who are also professional bloggers. We chat about a new topic each week. We talk about things from dirty diapers to date night, and everything in between. Moms love to talk to other moms and let’s face it…MOMS know everything!! If you happen to be a blogger also, and want to be a guest host one week, please fill out this form. We’d love to have you join us!
Before you leave, let us know…
Do you have any favorite healthy recipe hacks?