We live in the country and now that winter is here, the field mice are starting to visit more frequently than we like. Ew. They are cute and all…on TV. But not in my house! I found out that peppermint oil is a natural remedy to keep mice away! There are also several other really great uses for peppermint oil! Thanks to FamilyFrugalFun for sharing these with us!
Not only does the peppermint oil keep certain critters away, but there are also some nice health benefits to using it. Ahhhh….thanks peppermint for being more than just something to freshen my breath! AND thank you for being such a cheap and awesome product! You can find Peppermint Oil here on Amazon!
- Enteric coated pepperment oil capsules break down slowly, and are very good for numerous GI illnesses such as irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn, and indigestion.
- When taken orally, peppermint oil is also great for morning sickness….wish I had known that when I was expecting!
- Rub peppermint oil on your temples to relieve tension.
- Peppermint oil on the temples is also an excellent natural remedy for migraine headaches.
- Treat motion sickness by rubbing peppermint oil on your abdomen and wrist for a few minutes.
- Looking for a natural way to get rid of mice? Soak cottonballs in peppermint oil, then lay them where you see “evidence” of mice. In a matter of days, your mouse problem will be solved because they can’t stand the strong smell.
- It is also an effective natural defense against mosquitos.
- Ants won’t cross a line of peppermint oil; for an interesting experiment, lay down a line of peppermint oil where you have seen ants and watch what happens…no ants!
- Peppermint oil can be combined with almond oil for a great muscle-friendly massage oil.
- Diffuse peppermint oil in the air; this provides both nausea and headache relief. Great for migraines!
- Add a drop to your favorite food or beverage for a minty twist (try it in hot cocoa this holiday season, YUM)
- Capsules of peppermint oil provide menstrual pain relief as quickly as most name-brand medicines.
- Mix a potion of half lavender oil and half peppermint oil to stop bug bite itch.
- The same lavender and peppermint mixture will also keep you from getting those nasty bug bites in the first place
- Allergic rash? Help ease symptoms and make it go away faster by applying peppermint oil.
- 2-3 drops of peppermint oil added to hot tea or ice cold water after meals will make a big difference in your digestion.
- The next time you have trouble focusing put a drop on each index finger and massage your temples and below your nose. The smell will perk you up.
- Applied to the back of your neck a few times during the day, peppermint oil works like magic to boost your energy level naturally.
- If you are fighting cough and cold symptoms, use a little peppermint oil in a vaporizer or in a pan of water steaming on the stove. Take a few deep breaths and you will notice an immediate clearing of your sinuses.
- Oral consumption of small quantities of peppermint oil helps with gas and bloating.
See…I told you peppermint oil was awesome!! I love when I can find a single item that does so many things. You can save a fortune by trying the peppermint oil vs. buying all of the products to remedy the problems mentioned above! Mouse traps, migraine medicine, PMS medicine, mosquito repellant…and on and on! Let us know how the peppermint oil works for you!!!
I posted an article the other day here (click here) –> 20 uses for Almond Oil. You wouldn’t believe how much money you could save by using almond oil in place of beauty and hair products! I love to share great ways to save money. Be sure to check out my other money saving ideas and thrifty household tips!
What thrifty tips do you use regularly? Don’t by shy….tell us about them! Leave us a comment below and share your awesome tips with everyone!