Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Maty’s Healthy Products. All opinions on the yuckies and snotties are my own.
Ways to Keep Kids Healthy in the Fall
Do you try to stick to natural ways to keep kids healthy in the fall? We do! We’ve tried the OTC medicines over the years, but honestly…the side effects just aren’t friendly. I hate the idea of giving these to my kiddo. Most of the time, our allergies, colds, flu viruses and bugs just take time to run their courses. Finding natural ways to ease the symptoms is better all around.
Our Moms Check In moms are talking about our favorite more natural ways to keep kids healthy in the fall. We’d love to hear your tips too. Drop us a comment below or chat with us on social media using the hashtag #MomsCheckIn and #LoveMatys!
Ways to Keep Kids Healthy in the Fall…
– Eat a well balanced diet with lots of fruits and veggies. Hide them in their favorite foods, if you have to!
– Take lots of extra Vitamin C! Also, something like this immune boosting tea would be perfect!
– Keep a humidifier and/or essential oil diffuser going.
– Stay on top of their seasonal indoor/outdoor allergies.
– Get them used to always washing hands and using anti-bacterial hand gel or wipes.
– Dust and vacuum more often in the fall.
– Choose a more expensive furnace filter in the fall. The heftier ones trap more allergens.
Ok! Here are more tips from our moms…
“Eating well is so important. Of course you need to eat fruits and veggies, but also some spices have been shown to have awesome health benefits. A good multi-vitamin can help fill in any missing nutritional gaps. We also make sure that we are practicing good hand washing. Lots and lots of hand washing!”
– Amanda is the mom to Joshua and owns It’s a Fabulous Life. If you are looking for a one stop place for all things mom, It’s a Fabulous Life is it! Full of recipes, fashion, DIY projects, recipes and parenting articles it’s the place for all of Mom’s favorites to come together! Follow her on Twitter here!
“Mike, Sam and I have been battling some icky symptoms already this fall. My advice: lots of fluids and rest! I’ve also been mindful to disinfect things whenever I’m able. If you can’t always make it to a sink, a little bottle of hand sanitizer nearby is excellent.”
– Stephanie is the mom to Sam and the author of Spaceships and Laser Beams. If you ever need party ideas her site is the place to visit! Specializing in all things boy, it’s full of inspiration! Follow her on Twitter here!
“Staying on top of seasonal allergies is huge for us. Increasing their vitamin C intake + hiding lots of fruits and veggies in our meals for the extra vitamins that are essential to our immune system. We do have to hide them, to get the kiddo to eat them, haha! We also use natural remedies vs. most OTC cold/flu medications because honestly, the side effects are just awful with those. We encourage lots of warm and hot liquids too, especially hot tea and chicken broth.“
– Jenni is the mom of one and the author of Sweet Pennies From Heaven. A hearth and home website, Sweet Pennies From Heaven focuses on recipes, crafts and creating a comfortable home. Follow her on Twitter here!
If you’re on the hunt for natural and organic products to help ease cough, cold and congestion then check out Maty’s Healthy Products. They make excellent products for the whole family! Read our recent Maty’s product review here. Maty’s created their line of products when their daughter, Maty, was born with severe heart defects. They were dedicated to finding and creating natural ways to get healthy.
You can find Maty’s Healthy products at most retailers, including Walmart – or you can shop online! I invite you to follow Maty’s on social media as well. You’ll find all sorts of great information on natural health and wellness. Follow Maty’s on Facebook, Maty’s on Pinterest, and Maty’s on Twitter!
What is Moms Check In?
Who are the moms of Moms Check In? We’re 3 moms who are also professional bloggers. We chat about a new topic each week. We talk about things from dirty diapers to date night, and everything in between. Moms love to talk to other moms and let’s face it…MOMS know everything!!
Before you leave, let us know…
What are your best ways to keep kids healthy in the fall?