Have you ever wondered if big Hollywood celebrities use coupons? Or did you just assume that most of them just spent their money on things they wanted regardless of the cost? I got nosey myself and done some searching and found some interesting things!! Here are 10 celebrities that live “somewhat” frugal lives. I think you’ll be shocked to know some of this info. I know I was!!
1. In 2009 Reese Witherspoon was found shopping with her mother, Betty at a local bookstore. From there they were seen going into the Hidden Treasures thrift store in Los Angeles. How cute is that?? I just think that is awesome! What would you do if you were to find a celebrity in your local thrift store…hahaha. Way to go Reese!!
2. Angelina Jolie wore this $26 thrift store find at the premier of her movie “A Mighty Heart” in 2008. It’s a vintage crushed velvet dress that she made look fabulous!! Apparently the Hollywood and Fashion Industries loved it!!
3. The Queen of England opted to re-use 20 year old material to make a new dress instead of buying a new one for a special event!! She is well known for recycling clothes!
4-5. Jessica Alba and Hillary Duff are both seen here wearing Jeggings that usually cost anywhere around $200. Each of these gals opted for the ones that cost $83.
6. One of the American Idol winners, Carrie Underwood, says that she is frugal and always has been. Apparently, she would argue with the wardrobe department at AI because they would want to dress her in high dollar clothing. She said she would never pay $400 for a pair of Blue Jeans. She loves to grocery shop and do her own laundry. She said that she now does buy the more expensive brand products at the grocery even if it might cost $0.30 more than the store brand! I wonder if she uses coupons?? Even so, I am a HUGE fan of Carrie Underwood! Way to go Carrie!
7. Tyra Banks says that she has always been frugal as well. A couple little things to know about her is that she likes the Cheesecake factory and stocks up on Hotel Soap…haha. One Frugal tip that she likes to share is using Vaseline as a beauty product. She uses it everywhere such as her lips, on laugh lines, and under her eyes. She swears by it!! I wonder if I have a coupon for Vaseline!?
8. Sarah Jessica Parker used to suffer from buyers remorse. She would buy things and then return them the next day! She said that even though her and her husband are wealthy they still want their son to grow up living a normal life. She doesn’t want him “riding the gravy train”! I really admire that!!
9. Sarah Michelle Gellar actually takes her re-usable bag with her when she shops at Whole Foods to receive her discount. She also said that she shops at Bloomingdale’s, but only on the Double Rewards Days!!! Here’s where the coupons come in…….she prints her dry cleaning coupons before heading out to pick up her clothes! Way to Go Sarah!!!
10. Even though Eva Longoria spent $1.5 million on her wedding, she snagged FREEBIES for all of her guests. These freebies included items like expensive gold jewelry, L’oreal products, Cole Haan, and Bebe products! When she was younger, she said that she would go camping with her dad and her siblings. Her dad wouldn’t pack any food so they had to live off the land. She actually knows how to skin a deer, a pig, and a snake!!!! Can you imagine seeing her do that??
Well, now you know that there are some celebrities who live more frugal lives than others. It’s fun knowing that some celebrities out there still like to save money. I know they aren’t on the same couponing boat as you and I, but it’s cool to know that some out there still believe in the importance of pinching a penny!!!