Easter Recipes and Crafts
Easter will soon be here and if you’re looking for some new Easter recipes and crafts then you’re in the right place! We celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus on this day with family/friends. The kids always hunt eggs and eat way too much candy, and so do the adults. My brother is always stealing the hard boiled eggs from all the kids baskets, the kids have ruined their good dress clothes with mud and grass stains. You know how it is…
Anyhoo, our Moms Check In moms are talking about our favorite Easter traditions and sharing our recipes and craft ideas. We’d love to hear from you! So if you have any awesome Easter traditions, recipes, or craft ideas please drop us a comment or chat with us on our social media channels using #MomsCheckIn.
Easter Recipes and Crafts:
1. Easy Cake Mix Sugar Cookies (just 3 main ingredients)
2. Easter Peeps S’Mores (including gluten free options)
Our Family Easter Traditions
“I love Easter. It’s an important day for us and what it symbolizes. We try to do something really fun each year. Last year for the older kids we put glow sticks in the eggs and let them hunt them after dark. They loved that! It’s a wonderful day filled with faith, friends, family and of course, a trip from the Easter Bunny!”
– Amanda is the mom to Joshua and owns It’s a Fabulous Life. If you are looking for a one stop place for all things mom, It’s a Fabulous Life is it! Full of recipes, fashion, DIY projects, recipes and parenting articles it’s the place for all of Mom’s favorites to come together! Follow her on Twitter here!
“ We always had Easter Egg hunts at my grandma and papaw’s house when I was little. Now that I have my own family, we still get together every year with our big ole’ family and let the littles hunt eggs. They always have such a great time. My addiction to those Cadbury Creme Filled Eggs comes into full swing and I always have to keep a stash hidden. Shhhhh!!!“
– Jenni is the mom of one and the author of Sweet Pennies From Heaven. A hearth and home website, Sweet Pennies From Heaven focuses on recipes, crafts and creating a comfortable home. Follow her on Twitter here!
“My Mom always made the ‘lambie cake’ for Easter every year. She has this cake mold shaped like a lamb and she always decorated it up to look so cute every year. I’m not that ambitious but I love a sweet treat for the kids and we have fun filling and hiding baskets and eggs. I think I get a bigger kick out of finding good hiding spots than they do out of finding them! “
“Easter was always one of my favorite holidays growing up. My dad would always buy about 10 large chocolate bunnies and hide them around our living room. (Why so many? So he could eat them, too! Haha) After we had our 9am chocolate fix, we’d head to church and then to my grandparent’s house for turkey dinner with all the fixings. Every year it was the same and I loved it. We’re still developing our traditions with my son Sam, but Easter is becoming one of his favorites.“
– Stephanie is the mom to Sam and the author of Spaceships and Laser Beams. If you ever need party ideas her site is the place to visit! Specializing in all things boy, it’s full of inspiration! Follow her on Twitter here!
What is Moms Check In?
Who are the moms of Moms Check In? We’re 4 moms who are also professional bloggers. We chat about a new topic each week. We talk about things from dirty diapers to date night, and everything in between. Moms love to talk to other moms and let’s face it…MOMS know everything!!
Before you leave, let us know…
What are your best Easter traditions, recipes or crafts?