The weekend is finally here, but honestly….it’s felt like a week long weekend! We’ve got snow and below freezing temps with wind chill and school has been closed all week. We’ve watched the movie Frozen more times than I can count and we’ve ate entirely too much junk food. It’s like Christmas break, all over again!
Our Moms Check In team are talking about Indoor Activities for kids this week, because well, we’re all stuck inside with our kiddos, longing for warm days and sunshine!! I don’t see that in the near future though…just more snow and more cold temps for us. We’re sharing some of our fun indoor activities and kid-friendly recipes to cook up when you’re stuck indoors.
25 Kid-Friendly Indoor Activities and Recipes to fight boredom:
1. Despicable Me DIY Minion Tic Tac Toe
2. Despicable Me Chocolate Minion Pops
3. Tagalongs Peanut Butter S’Mores (+ Homemade Tagalongs Recipe link)
4. Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Cherry Tomatoes and Cheese Kabobs
5. Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Breakfast Waffles
6. Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat Strawberry and Marshmallow Kabobs
7. 7 Ways to Keep Kids Active this Winter
9. Peanut Butter No Bake Snack Balls
10. Disney’s Frozen Activity Sheets
11. Bacon Pull Apart French Toast Muffins
12. Party Bark Treat
13. Rainbow Pancakes
14. 12 Awesome Indoor Activities for Kids
15. 12 Kids Play Tents for Indoors or Outdoors
17. 11 Circus Themed Games and Activities
18. 25 St. Patrick’s Day Activities and Crafts
19. 39 SLIME Recipes
20. Free Disney Printable Coloring Pages
21. How to Make Homemade Playdough
22. How to Make Homemade Lego Soap
23. 15 Handprint Crafts Boys Will Love
24. 9 Footprint Crafts Boys Will Think are Cool
25. 10 Milk Carton Crafts Boys Will Love
Here’s how our Moms Check In moms are helping their kiddos fight the boredom this week!
“I’m so ready for spring. When the cold weather shuts us in, you can find us making pillow forts and watching movies. During the school week, breakfast is usually something quick, but if we are snowed in we usually start off with Bacon Pull Apart French Toast Muffins or Rainbow Pancakes. A yummy breakfast, movies and a sweet treat later on (Josh loves Party Bark!) and we have awesome ‘stay-home’ days! “
– Amanda is the mom to Joshua and owns It’s a Fabulous Life. If you are looking for a one stop place for all things mom, It’s a Fabulous Life is it! Full of recipes, fashion, DIY projects, recipes and parenting articles it’s the place for all of Mom’s favorites to come together! Follow her on Twitter here!
“It’s been wayyyy too cold to go outside. It’s below zero here with the wind chill and school has been closed all week. Besides catching up on some TV and cuddling time, we find other things to do. Little man gets so bored, so I try to keep a few “hands on” activities and fun kiddie recipes ready for days that we’re stuck inside. “
– Jenni is the mom of one and the author of Sweet Pennies From Heaven. A hearth and home website, Sweet Pennies From Heaven focuses on recipes, crafts and creating a comfortable home. Follow her on Twitter here!
“I’m so over winter. This year has been brutal so far, way too cold to get the kids outside. While we’ve been trying to stay warm inside the kids have discovered Harry Potter movies (yay!) and I’ve been doing my best to keep both their brains and their bodies active. Fortunately we have a big basement and they can play down there, even ride their scooters. Reading, cooking and coloring are a few of our go-tos to fight cabin fever.“
– Lindsay is the mom of 2 and author of See Mom Click. She shares great deals, Disney happenings and recipes. You can follow her on Twitter here!
“It’s exceptionally cold here right now — below zero, actually and school has even been cancelled! I am keeping Sam indoors, which can be a bit of a challenge with lots of energy. Each day, we have time together reading and I also have us do a craft or activity together to keep him occupied. It definitely helps keep him happy and is a great way to fight boredom!“
– Stephanie is the mom to Sam and the author of Spaceships and Laser Beams. If you ever need party ideas her site is the place to visit! Specializing in all things boy, it’s full of inspiration! Follow her on Twitter here!
What is Moms Check In?
Who are the moms of Moms Check In? We’re 4 moms who are also professional bloggers. We chat about a new topic each week. We talk about things from dirty diapers to date night, and everything in between. Moms love to talk to other moms and let’s face it…MOMS know everything!!
Before you leave, let us know…
What do your kids do when you’re stuck inside?