This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
Are your mornings pretty brutal? Ours are at the first part of the new school year for a few weeks but then we kinda get our morning routines down pat. I’m gonna share some of our morning routines for the family, including my morning iced coffee hack using some of my favorite coffee from McCafé. Okay, so our morning routine looks something like this…
Alarm goes off.
Husband draggggs me out of bed, kicking and screaming like a bratty teenager.
I fix coffee…and hop on Facebook for a few minutes. This is my morning ME time.
I wake up the kiddo for school.
Feed the dogs, and take them out to potty.
Get kiddo ready, fed – and on the school bus.
Ready for round 2 of coffee, and then it’s time to get myself dressed and ready to work.
Easy Morning Routines + Iced Coffee Hack!
1. Have backpacks, coats, shoes and outfits laid out the night before. This is a must do at our house. Nothing worse than trying to locate shoes and clean socks 5 minutes before the bus runs!
2. Have breakfast ON the GO options for the kids. This is another must for us. I mean really, who has time to fix a 5-star breafkast on a weekday, at 7am?
3. Make a command center. Use this space for keeping a big family calendar with everyone’s extracurricular and sports activities so everyone knows when and where – and what day/time everything is. Check it daily! The perfect command center spot is on the side of your refrigerator!
4. Shower/baths the night before. This is a really big deal at our house. Everyone in our family takes showers that last an eternity, so no morning showers are allowed! Nope.
5. Get a free timer app. Search for free timer apps for your smartphone. These are perfect for many different things. I use mine for all kinds of things, but they’re really helpful in keeping track of time when you’re on a tight schedule!
6. Iced Coffee Hack! Usually when you think about making one, you have to brew the coffee and then you have to let it sit and cool for awhile before you can blend with the ice and other ingredients. Our hack that we use ALL the time is iced coffee cubes! Yep! I just brew really strong coffee, let it cool a bit and then pour into ice cube trays and freeze. After they’re frozen, I store them in a large plastic bag or bowl with a lid and keep in the freezer.
Then in the mornings, I just drop my coffee cubes in the blender along with some milk, sugar and some chocolate syrup and voila! I have a yummy iced coffee in less than 2 minutes! BOOM! That’s how it’s done, folks! I don’t really ever measure anything out. I don’t have time for that…haha. You can’t really go wrong with those ingredients. Pretty it up though, with some whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Did you know that McCafé coffee is now available at Walmart?! I almost flipped when I found it and guys – ohh…it is SO good! The flavor is spot on. It’s bold, but not bitter – and very smooth! Just like we like it. They have several flavors to choose from so you have lots of options. You can get it in the premium bags and coffee pods so it’s perfect if you use a regular brewer or a single cup brewer. We actually use both! Our kitchen looks like a coffee house, seriously. I ain’t kiddin! Who does that?? Who in their normal, right mind has TWO coffee makers in their kitchen? P.S. Make sure to check out all of our yummy homemade frappe recipes on the blog!
You can find the McCafé coffee in the coffee aisle at Walmart. We found the coffee pods for single brewers on the bottom shelf and the premium bags of coffee about 4 shelves up. I hope this little snippet photo helps you out in case you have trouble locating it! Let us know what you think about it when you try it……yummmm!
I’ve shared my morning tips with you, I’d love to hear about yours! Leave us a comment below and let us know how you make your mornings run smoother!