List of Seven Daily Habits to Make You Feel Your Best
Do you ever get in a rut with your health and beauty habits? As a mom, it’s easy to do. I personally have been feeling this way for awhile and I’m determined to dig my way out of that hole. I found these pharmacy Boots offer codes online and it dawned on me…when was the last time I bought some new makeup, skincare, or a new outfit? Pfft!! Between buying toys for birthdays, getting groceries, mowing the yard and paying bills, I couldn’t tell you when!
If you’re anything like me though, thinking about buying things for yourself makes you feel guilty. Like you’re being selfish. The bottom line though is that if you want to be a blessing and of good use to your husband, kids, family and friends…you have to take care of you first.
Yes, those things are only a part of taking care of you. We need to be physically healthy too, but our self image is a big part of our all around health. If we don’t feel like we “look” good then more than likely we won’t really “feel” good either. That just starts an ugly snowball effect. So, here is a list of seven daily habits to make ourselves feel our best. They say if you do things for 14 days in a row, they’ll become habits. Let’s see if that’s true!
1. Wake up early. At least 30 minutes earlier than you normally do. That’s a hard task, I know, but that extra 30 minutes in the morning can totally be what you need to make your day go so much smoother. Definitely one of the best habits to get in!
2. Start your day with a devotional. I enjoy a daily devotional every morning while sipping my coffee. It gives you a new and positive perspective every day. You don’t have to have a physical devotional book. There are so many free apps that you can check out for Android or Apple devices.
3. Move for 30 minutes. This is super duper important. Hop on your treadmill or exercise bike and read your devotional, watch TV, listen to your iPod. Take a morning Zumba class, check your tv channels for morning yoga or take a walk up and down your street. It doesn’t have to be in the morning if you can’t fit it in. Maybe on your lunch break or after work. Just fit it in somewhere in your day! This is one of the most important habits to start. Good for your mind and body!
4. Spend at least 30 minutes on your appearance. Fix your hair, apply some makeup and put on a cute outfit. I always feel better when I look good. Always! If your makeup and skincare products are old, consider clearing out and making over your makeup bag with some new colors. Find a new skincare regimen that you’re happy with. Looking good and taking care of me are both really good habits to start…don’t you agree?!
5. Eat breakfast and take a multivitamin. I know that’s a given for most but you’d be surprised at how many people don’t eat breakfast – or take vitamins (including me). That’s one thing I really have to work on. I do tend to stick to eating breakfast though when I have quick options like snack bars, cereal, or something like toast and peanut butter. One of my worst habits is drinking coffee all morning long with no breakfast, then by the afternoon I’m famished. No more!!
6. Make a To Do list…and stick to it. I feel really accomplished when I’ve written a to do list and can mark things off of it. You can even add some of your new daily habits to it so that you’ll be more apt to DO them and mark them off.
7. Family ONLY Time. Life is busy, right?! How many times have you lost an hour or 2, or 3 online or watching tv when you could have been spending that time with your spouse or kids? I’m guilty!! Turn off the tv’s, shut your laptops, and put away your cellphones. Candy Crush and Facebook notifications can wait!
These things are all great new habits to create to make yourself feel your best.
Consider the following things as extras.
Smile! Smile at the cashier, your next door neighbor, even the guy who cut you off in traffic! Okay, that might be stretching it but you get my drift! A smile given usually yields a smile in return which makes you feel good.
Do what you like. Spend a few minutes of your free time doing what you enjoy. Journaling, reading your favorite magazine, checking out your favorite blogger’s latest blog posts. These are nice ways to wind down at the end of the day.
Plan a date night or a girl’s night out. Has it been awhile since you and your love have been on a real date? Schedule a date night with the hubs…go for dinner and a movie. Plan a fun girl’s night with your besties for drinks, dinner or a shopping trip.
Do you have things you do each day to make you feel better? We’d love to hear your comments and tips!!