Do the holidays just get ya? Right in the feels?! It does me too, and that’s why I’m sharing this yummy-licious glazed pumpkin banana bread recipe!
I stay “giddy” all through November and December. The music, the movies on Hallmark, the chilly air outside, and then there’s the FOOD. All. The. FOOD.
I consume more calories in November and December than I do all of the rest of the year combined. Not even kidding! But, don’t we all??!! I tend to get rumblies in my tumblies sometimes though, especially during the holidays, so thank goodness I have a few favorite digestive health relief products that I can depend on!
Thanksgiving is over and we’re gearing up for Christmas, however, we do still have a few weeks left. I’ve been wondering what in the world to do with my leftover canned pumpkin. And just FYI, no. I’m not sick and tired of pumpkin just yet! I also had some REALLY ripe bananas leftover, so…I made this delicious glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread!
Pumpkin Banana Bread Ingredients (makes 2 loaves)
- 5 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 really ripe bananas
- 1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 1 stick softened butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Then slowly add the pumpkin, banana, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix slowly until completely combined.
- Pour the batter evenly, into the 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350, for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center is clean.
- Place loaf pans on a wire cooling rack. After they’ve cooled – it’s time to pour the heavenly glaze over the top!
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until it’s creamy. You can add more milk to get the consistency you want.
- After bread is completely cool, drizzle the glaze over each loaf.
I know that the holidays are the time that we enjoy the best foods! Things that we don’t often get, and yummies that are slap full of calories, and other goodness! My belly usually doesn’t agree with all of that. Yours probably doesn’t either.
While I’m out grabbing groceries for holiday dinners and ingredients for all of the candies and treats we make, I make sure to grab some of the items that take care of the belly issues too. Like the new IMODIUM® A-D® Softgels. Umm. Hello! These are a life-saver!
I grabbed mine while we were at Walmart. The husband heads straight to the electronics department. (eye-roll). I stop at the pharmacy for the IMODIUM® and then make a quick pit stop by the toy department. Luckily – I made it out of there without getting anything! Then ran on over to get all of the groceries on my list.
Make sure to stock up on IMODIUM® and all of the other digestive health relief products at Walmart — for the whole family! You never know when diarrhea will rear it’s ugly head! Gahhh! Better to be prepared, just in case — especially if you’re traveling for the holidays.
Visit Walmart.com/digestivehealth to learn more and shop these brands to feel better from top to bottom!
Are you planning to host a holiday dinner or make a dish or dessert to take to your family dinner? Our pumpkin banana bread will be a hit!! You should also check out some of these other easy and delicious recipes!
Enjoy and have the Happiest of Holidays!!