Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Dreft Home, Febreze In-Wash Odor Eliminator, Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus and Boogie Wipes, however, all thoughts and opinions are our own.
Our Best Back to School Tips
We’ve been back to school now for 2 full weeks. We’re on our 3rd week now! Have you already started back? I totally understand and I get it. Transitioning from summer break to getting up at 6:30am isn’t easy.
Our Moms Check In moms are talking all about back to school tips this week and we’ve got some of our own tips to help make it a little easier on the whole family. We’d love to hear your tips too! Drop us a comment below or chat with us on social media using the hashtag #MomsCheckIn and #BoogieB2S!
Before we share our Moms Check In Moms’ tips, be sure to check out our Back to School Saving Guide! Also, we’ve got a couple of really great after school snacks or dinner ideas that are easy peasy! Here’s our kid approved Mini Pizza Snackers and a fun Cheesy BBQ Pigs in a Blanket recipe! Enjoy.
Back to School tips from our Moms…
“Back to school can be overwhelming! Josh just started Jr. High and it means lockers, changing classes and a whole lot of school supplies. We got our schedules on back to school night, but I could tell he was still anxious. I called the school just to see if we could stop in, practice his locker combination, drop off all of his supplies and do a walk through a couple of times finding each of his class. If you have a child who seems a little anxious – just ask! Being prepared made him (and myself!) feel so much more confident on the first day of school.“
– Amanda is the mom to Joshua and owns It’s a Fabulous Life. If you are looking for a one stop place for all things mom, It’s a Fabulous Life is it! Full of recipes, fashion, DIY projects, recipes and parenting articles it’s the place for all of Mom’s favorites to come together! Follow her on Twitter here!
“We are finishing our final days of summer, enjoying all the time we can together. Sam is definitely excited for school to begin. We’ve talked a lot about being back at school and getting back in our regular routine. I think talking a lot before back to school helps calm nerves. Talk about their apprehensions to help calm them down plus share positive ideas about what to look forward to. We’re also starting to get in our normal bedtime routine, which I know helps his body to adjust. Cheers to a great school year ahead!“
– Stephanie is the mom to Sam and the author of Spaceships and Laser Beams. If you ever need party ideas her site is the place to visit! Specializing in all things boy, it’s full of inspiration! Follow her on Twitter here!
“It’s back to school time for us too! We’ve been back for 2 weeks now and I think we’re settling in nicely. My back to school tips are starting 2 weeks before school starts to begin your routine. Bathtime, picking out clothes, going to bed early, etc. That way when school DOES start, it’s not a shock all at once. Another tip is start packing in plenty of Vitamin C before school starts because, believe me, kids are germy! We’re 2 weeks in and little man has already caught a cold bug. Pack some anti-bac wipes in their lunchbox or backpack to use before lunch too.“
– Jenni is the mom of one and the author of Sweet Pennies From Heaven. A hearth and home website, Sweet Pennies From Heaven focuses on recipes, crafts and creating a comfortable home. Follow her on Twitter here!
#BoogieB2S Twitter Party
We’re going to be talking about heading back to school and fun tips this week during a one-hour Twitter party on Thursday, August 20th from 1-2pm EST. You’re invited to attend. Make sure to RSVP here to be eligible to win! The prizes will include lots of Target gift cards, teacher supply kits, and a stocked backpack filled with all kinds of goodies!
Products to Include in Your Back to School Shopping List!
We have a few products that are MUST haves when the kids go back to school! So make sure to add these to your list!!
- Have you heard of Dreft Home before? We’re all familiar with Dreft as laundry detergent for babies but now they make stain removers, odor removers and even all purpose household cleaners (including wipes!). Their products are gentle on skin, yet remain tough on stains! Perfect for our messy kiddos!
- Football, Soccer, Hockey, Gym Class – back to school can also mean Back to STINK! Luckily Febreze In-Wash Odor Eliminator is there to help you expel the smell, undo the pee-yew and sink the stink to make back to school smell much better. Click here to download a $2 off coupon and learn more.
- Forget ironing or even throwing clothes in the dryer to get rid of wrinkles in the mornings! Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus can knock those wrinkles out with just a quick spray down!
- Last but not least, you’ll want to keep some Boogie Wipes and Boogie Mist on hand! It never fails. The yucky noses start within a week or two of starting back to school. They’re super soft and come in fun scents that kids love. Take the Save the Sleeve Pledge and vow to use Boogie Wipes and not sleeves for boogie messes!
What is Moms Check In?
Who are the moms of Moms Check In? We’re 3 moms who are also professional bloggers. We chat about a new topic each week. We talk about things from dirty diapers to date night, and everything in between. Moms love to talk to other moms and let’s face it…MOMS know everything!!
Before you leave, let us know…
What are your favorite back to school tips?