This is Week 4 of our Prepare for the Holidays 5 Week Series & Challenge! If you’ve missed the other posts, check them out below to get “in the loop” and hop aboard if you’d like to get prepared early as well.
- Prepare for the Holidays – Week 1 (Cleaning Indoors and tackling Hotspots)
- Prepare for the Holidays – Week 2 (Cleaning outdoors)
- Prepare for the Holidays – Week 3 (Organizing the kitchen cabinets and inventory)
- Prepare for the Holidays – Week 4 (Dinner List and Inventory)
- Prepare for the Holidays – Week 5 (Last minute checklist and turkey thawing times)
Last week we talked about organization in the cabinets and making sure you had all of the things you need to actually prepare your Thanksgiving or Christmas feast. I hope that all went well.
THIS week, we’re gonna talk about your kitchen FOOD items inventory list. Holiday dinner items have been on sale the last couple of weeks but now they’re ramping them up with the turkey and ham sales too! I really recommend starting your grocery list super early rather than later because you’ll have to hit 3 different stores before you find vanilla pudding, Cool Whip, Stuffing Mix, you know the drill. The stores sell out of alot of things quickly and don’t have enough inventory!
Be sure to grab some printable coupons on any items you may have on your list. It’s always nice to be able to save money, especially when we spend what we spend on preparing dinner!
- Write down all the dishes and desserts you will be making
- Go through each recipe/dessert and write down the ingredients you’ll be needing
- See what you have in your pantry, cabinets, and refrigerator already so you don’t buy what you don’t need
- Don’t forget the odd stuff, like sugar, oil, butter, eggs, milk, salt & pepper, flour, nuts, etc.
- Double check your list, and head for the store EARLY!! Don’t wait till Wednesday to go!!!
Extra Homework Assignment:
Hit the hotspots we’ve talked about in the previous weeks challenges (linked above), spend 10 mins. on each.
Now, let me know if you have any questions and let us know how you’re doing on your challenges! We really want to hear from you!!!
(photo credit: bonappetit)