Week 1 is out of the way and we’ll soon be starting week 2 of the challenge and series! If you’ve not seen what this 5 week challenge is about click and read the following.
- Prepare for Thanksgiving Together 5 Week Series Kickoff
- Prepare for Thanksgiving Together Week 1, Part 1 (Includes Homework)
This week we talked about indoor cleaning to prepare for Thanksgiving company. I meant to get this post up on Sunday but it was a CRAZY weekend so this one’s a little late. I promised before and after pics of my own progress. If you’ve got some that you’d like to share, send them to email@example.com. I’d love to share them!!
My struggles this week was finding the time. I had to squeeze it in, but you know…if I waited closer to Thanksgiving then I know I’d be totally stressed so I’m glad that I’m focusing on it now! Okay, here are my before and after photos. The 2nd week’s series post and challenge will be coming up this week…keep an eye out for it!
Okay – so how did YOU do this week? What all did you accomplish? Here is a recap of last week’s homework assignment:
- Pick 3 Hotspots in your home & clean them up (give yourself 10-15 mins. for each hotspot!)
- Designate a Basket, totebag, even a Walmart bag to pick up out of place things every night (and put those things away) *Make this a nightly ritual or give this job to one of the kids (set a timer to make it more fun for them!)
- Get laundry caught up.
- Fill one trashbag (or more) full of unused and good recyclable toys to drop off at Goodwill or donate to a family in need.
- Fill one trashbag (or more) of unused and good clothing to drop off at Goodwill or donate to a family in need.
- Sweep cobwebs and dust bunnies from the ceilings and corners of your rooms. (I dare you to do it to ALL your rooms!)
- Clean & organize your entryway.
- Do your regular dusting and mopping/vacuuming.
- Picked 3 hotspots – Check
- Designate a basket or bag to pick up things each night – Check
- Get Laundry caught up – Check
- Fill bags with clothes and toys – Check, Check! Already gave the clothes away…now I just need to drop off the toys this week!
- Sweet cobwebs – Check
- Clean and organize entryway – I don’t really have an entry way so I get to cheat on that one 😉
- Regular dusting, mopping/vacuuming – Check (a couple rooms…not the whole house (eek)