This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Smithfield at Walmart. All yummy and gooey glazed opinions are my own, and honest as always.
Maple and Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Chops
I love love love maple and brown sugar — and I’m not talking about just oatmeal here. That flavor combo just rocks my world. Have you ever had maple and brown sugar glazed pork chops?! OMGeee! The glaze has a bit of brown mustard in it too, and that zing with the sweetness makes for a crazy awesome tasting pork chop!
Maple and brown sugar is a fun fall flavor – and we’ve been trying some new recipes around the house lately. I’m trying to pull myself out of the “recipe rut” that I fall down into every once in awhile! My husband tries to show me up in the kitchen – but I totally rocked his world with these pork chops! Here’s the recipe…
- 4-6 thick pork chops (we use Smithfield All Natural pork chops)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of brown spicy mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- any other favorite seasonings (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the glaze by mixing the maple syrup, brown sugar and mustard together in a small bowl until combined well, and set aside.
3. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, or any other favorite seasonings you like to use. We used another favorite pork/chicken seasoning we like too. Fry in a skillet in oil, on medium high heat around 4-5 minutes on each side.
4. Take the skillet off the burner and brush the glaze on each side of the pork chops. Don’t be shy with the glaze. Make sure to brush it on nice and heavy!
5. Finish cooking the pork chops through in the oven, in an oven-safe dish.
6. When the chops have just a couple of minutes left to cook, turn the broiler on to let that glaze thicken and caramelize a bit.
7. Serve and enjoy!
We grab our Smithfield All Natural Pork products at Walmart. Their products are all natural and made in the USA! They meet the USDA Process Verified standard. They never use steroids, hormones, or artificial ingredients to their products.
Another reason to love Smithfield is because they have compassion for their community! They do really incredible things like providing local jobs to community members and support both natural and local causes. They also partner with and support other regional farming families across the country!
To find more delicious pork recipes, make sure to visit Smithfield on Twitter and Facebook! Stay tuned to the blog here as well…I’ll be sharing another yummy Smithfield All Natural Pork recipe very soon!!
What’s your favorite way to cook up pork chops?