This is Week 5, the last week, of our Prepare for the Holidays 5 Week Series & Challenge! If you’ve missed the other posts, check them out below to get “in the loop” and hop aboard if you’d like to get prepared early as well.
- Prepare for the Holidays – Week 1 (Cleaning Indoors and tackling Hotspots)
- Prepare for the Holidays – Week 2 (Cleaning outdoors)
- Prepare for the Holidays – Week 3 (Organizing the kitchen cabinets and inventory)
- Prepare for the Holidays – Week 4 (Dinner List and Inventory)
- Prepare for the Holidays – Week 5 (Last minute checklist and turkey thawing times)
I can smell the wonderful scents of all the yummy baked goods coming out of your ovens!! Through our previous week’s challenges, we’ve cleaned inside and out, donated some unused items along the way, organized our cabinets, made our shopping lists (that was last week, in case you missed it), and most have already bought all their groceries.
This week, I want to go over a checklist of sorts. This will basically be your Homework assignment. We’ve accomplished alot over the last few weeks and I hope it all did help you in preparing for your holiday company. Our goal was to make things LESS hectic, so I hope you’re feeling good and LESS stressed!
Thaw that Turkey! Most of you should already have it in your refrigerator anyway so it’s already started thawing or may have been thawing for a few days.
Refrigerator Thawing Times (via USDA website)
- 4 to 12 pounds …… 1 to 3 days
- 12 to 16 pounds …… 3 to 4 days
- 16 to 20 pounds …… 4 to 5 days
- 20 to 24 pounds …… 5 to 6 days
- Clean out your refrigerator and make room
- Double check your recipes to make sure you have everything you need (don’t forget the extras like seasonings, plenty of milk, butter, oil, eggs, etc.)
- Grab some printable coupons for all of your dinner extras that you need to buy!
- Make sure your camera is charged or has batteries for fun family photos
- Don’t forget the Reynold’s Wrap & Foil!
- Eat lots of turkey and ham, enjoy time with your friends and family!
(photo credit, crosswalk.com)