This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento® Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
You know the old “Farmer in the Dell” song?! The cheese stands alone?! Well, that’s fine by me. I can eat cheese — all by itself. And I do, often. Cheese is a major staple in our kitchen. I’m not talking about the cheese singles, either. I like the real deal.
Did you know that…
Pasteurized Process Cheese Food, sometimes known as American singles, is only required to contain 51% real cheese?!?!?!
Our fave REAL cheese brand is Sargento® Sliced Cheese. They only make 100% natural, REAL cheese. They’re the Real Cheese People! They want to rally consumers to create a community of cheese lovers to declare their passion and love for the real deal.
A German friend of mine named Dieter, told me about a treat that his family always had back home in Germany. It’s called Hawaiian Toast, or more formally – Toast Hawaii. It’s a delicious recipe – but it was always made with cheese singles, he said. I wanted to change this recipe up by using REAL cheese – and on whole grain bagels vs. white bread. Here’s how it went…
Hawaiian Toast Ingredients:
- whole grain bagels (or you can use any bread you like)
- Sargento® sliced cheese (any variety, we used swiss and sharp cheddar)
- pineapple slices, drained really well
- sliced or shaved ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm ham through in a skillet on medium heat.
- Toast bagels or toast in toaster.
- Pile ham onto bagel, or toast. Place a drained pineapple ring on top. Place a slice of cheese (or two!) on the top.
- Place in the oven and bake just until the cheese starts to melt and bubble up.
Just look how yummy these turned out! They were DELICIOUS!!!!!
You can (and should!) replace all of your cheesy recipes and favorite snacks/treats with Sargento® cheese! There’s nothing like the taste of REAL cheese!! It’s perfect for your burgers, sandwiches, wraps, etc! Visit them on Instagram and Facebook to find awesome and EASY recipes and snack ideas!