This post was sponsored by Hello Happy. Hello Hershey’s. as part of an Ambassador Activation for Influence Central.
Grilled Smores Sandwich
Did you know that even the smallest thing can create a chain reaction of happiness? We all love to make our family happy, and it doesn’t really take too much – especially if it’s just a grilled Smores sandwich! Do these things make you happy?
- a morning hug and a kiss
- a surprise “I love you” text or lunchbox note
- making the family’s favorite treat
Those are just a few things that instantly come to my mind…small things that make me happy.
Nothing suits a belly better than a grilled Smores sandwich! Ever had one?
Buttery on the outside, and full of ooey gooey chocolaty and marshmallowy goodness on the inside.
You won’t believe how easy these are to make, here’s what you need…
Grilled Smores Sandwich Ingredients:
- 1 tsp. of softened butter
- 2 slices sandwich bread (wheat or white)
- 1 HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bar (or substitute with HERSHEY’S Chocolate Spreads)
- 1 graham cracker sheet
- 4 marshmallows, cut in half horizontally
Grilled Smores Sandwich Directions:
- Butter one slice of bread with half the butter. Place buttered side down in a cold skillet.
- Break chocolate bar into sections and evenly place them on the unbuttered side of bread.
- Layer with graham cracker, breaking to fit.
- Top with marshmallow halves.
- Butter one side of second piece of bread, and lay down buttered side up.
- Heat over medium/low heat, until bottom of sandwich is golden brown. VERY VERY carefully flip the sandwich, and heat until the bottom is golden brown on that side as well. Remove from the skillet, cut and serve.
What are your happy moments throughout the day?
I’d love to know what little things make you happy! Maybe it can give me and everyone else a little more insight!
I’m really pumped to be working with HERSHEY’S on this Hello Happy Moments campaign. The idea behind it is to make us think about how to create happy moments – even in places or at times where we’re not usually happy, like during our morning commute, at work, or when our weekend plans have been rained out.
Check out this video. I bet you’ll cry, just like I did – so grab a tissue!
9 Fun and Easy Ways to Spark Happy Family Moments:
- blow dandelions, and make wishes!
- have a family bake day
- have a family dance off
- surprise tea party or picnic
- water balloon fight
- weird family science experiment (something gross and gooey!)
- pitch a tent in the backyard and roast S’Mores
- family karaoke night
- catch lightning bugs in a jar
Another fun family moment that’s coming up is “Take Your Kids to Work Day”. Although this day is officially set for April 28th, it can really be celebrated any day. It’s a great time to spark some fun, happy moments and for parents to show off their careers to inspire their kids to be whatever they want to be.
Ready for a SWEET Giveaway?
In celebration of Hello Happy, Hello Hershey’s — one lucky reader will win a HERSHEY’S Products Prize Package! US residents only, age 18+ are eligible. You can enter using the Rafflecopter form below. Giveaway ends May 3rd, 2016 at 11:59pm EST. The prize package will include:
- HERSHEY’S Chocolate Syrup – one bottle
- HERSHEY’S Spreads in Chocolate – one container
- HERSHEY’S Cocoa – one container
- HERSHEY’S KISSES – one bag
- HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips – one bag
- HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars – two bars
- Bag of Marshmallows
- Box of Graham Crackers
Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central.