This post brought to you by Farm Rich. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Sweet Pennies From Heaven.
The closer the holidays get, the more family get togethers we have. Just makes sense, you know, to spend time with the ones you love. What makes even MORE sense, is to spend time eating with those you love! Food = Love. Okay, not really…but it sounds good. One of our family favorites to bring to our get togethers is a giant pot of grape jelly and BBQ sauce meatballs! Because I honestly hate slaving over a stove, I sooooo take the easy way out with this one!
Basically I just throw 3 things in the slow cooker and let it do it’s “thang”. That just gives me more time to spend with family, instead of staying in the kitchen cooking while they’re all talking, playing games or watching the big game on the TV. Farm Rich Snacks comes to the rescue every time for this recipe. I just prefer the flavor over other brands.
Grape Jelly and BBQ Sauce Meatballs Ingredients (there’s only 3, folks!)
- Grape Jelly – 18-20 oz. bottle
- BBQ Sauce (any flavor you like) 18 oz. bottle
- 28 oz. bag frozen meatballs (we use Farm Rich), apprx. 50+ meatballs
Pour grape jelly and BBQ sauce into slow cooker and stir to combine. Drop in the whole bag of frozen meatballs and mix with the sauce until all of the meatballs are covered. Cook on high in slow cooker for 3-4 hours. I usually turn the slow cooker down to warm the last hour so it will thicken the sauce up a little.
(The printable recipe is further down below if you want to print and put in your recipe box!)
More about Farm Rich…
- They’re made with quality ingredients like 100% real mozzarella.
- Most of their snacks are an excellent source of protein and calcium.
- Their foods have zero trans fats.
- Their foods are ready in minutes.
- All of their snacks, appetizers and breakfast foods are quick-frozen so the flavor is sealed in.
- Their meatballs are gluten free.
They have so many amazing products. Their loaded potato skins and their pepperoni pizzeria bites are DELISH!! You can find their products at most any of your local grocery stores. You can check their Farm Rich Product Finder to find out if their products are near you! Be sure to print this coupon to get $1.50 off 2 Farm Rich snacks!
I just love that they give me an “out” so to speak. I can still make delicious foods for my family without spending forever and a day in the kitchen. Speaking of more time….here are some of the bonus cooking hacks I promised! These will save you lots of time in the kitchen through the holidays or ANY time for that matter.
- Grape Jelly 18-20 oz. bottle
- BBQ Sauce (any variety) 18 oz. bottle
- 28 oz. frozen meatballs (we use Farm Rich), approx. 50+ meatballs
- Pour grape jelly and BBQ sauce into slow cooker and stir until combined.
- Pour bag of frozen meatballs in and mix until all meatballs are coated.
- Cook on high in slow cooker for 3-4 hours.
- *Optional - Turn slow cooker down to the warm setting for the last hour to allow the sauce to thicken.
Time-Saving Cooking Hacks:
1. Quickly shred chicken for salads in your KitchenAid or other stand mixers! Works like a charm!
2. Whip store bought frosting with your mixer to make it go farther. It can double in size!
3. Use an apple slicer to cut potatoes before boiling. This saves so much time! Just please, be careful! Those apple slicers can be dangerous! I know. I knowwww. I’m sounding like your mother!
4. Use dental floss to smoothly slice cake, cheese and even frozen cookie dough!