I’ve partnered with Idahoan on this sponsored post and all opinions stated are my own.
Let’s face it. Potatoes are an integral part of dinnertime. Especially at our house. My husband is one of those “meat and potatoes” kinda guys.
There’s just one thing though. This momma don’t have the time, NOR the energy to stand and peel potatoes, cut potatoes, boil potatoes, and then mash the heck out of them to get all the lumps out. Don’t get me wrong, I do love me some mashed potatoes – but the real deal around our house isn’t as often as I’d like.
Ahem. Until NOW.
I’ve always been a huge fan of Idahoan because they are the best tasting “instant” out there, in my opinion. Well, they have overwhelmingly upped their game!!!
The new Idahoan Signature Russets Mashed Potatoes are SO STINKING GOOOOOOOOOOOD! You’d swear to the heavens above, that these were 100% completely homemade at your grandma-ma’s house! Not even kidding!
They have a very smooth taste, just like original homemade mashed potatoes with just a hint of butter and cream.
My husband is always a griper about my mashed potatoes. It wouldn’t matter if they were liquid gold, he’d still find a complaint. Not this time. He ate 2 huge helpings, and then came back and basically licked the pot clean. Kidding (sooooo not kidding!) 😉
I made these the other night with one of my super quick and easy chicken recipes. We’re having some remodeling done on the house, and this particular night — by the time dinner time came – I was too tired and needed something hearty for dinner! This was a HIT.
2 Ingredient Baked Italian Chicken Recipe ingredients:
- 3-4 chicken breasts, thawed
- 1/2 cup (give or take) Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic container or large zip lock bag with Italian dressing. Shake around until chicken is well coated. Stick in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes or so.
- Place chicken in baking dish or pan, pour leftover dressing from the baggie over top. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Spoon some of the hot dressing from the pan over chicken.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggies!
More reasons why I love the new Idahoan Signature Russets:
- They’re delicious. Oh, wait…did I already say that?!
- Makes any meal taste like Sunday dinner!
- More than 6 pounds of premium Idahoan russet potatoes go into every 16 oz. pouch.
- They use a new processing method that let’s the potatoes keep their natural goodness and texture. In the end, they taste as good as if you had peeled, boiled, and mashed them yourself!
- Takes just 5 minutes using milk and butter….or just water!
- You can get them in a 4 serving, 12 serving, or 20 serving pouch – and the pouches are resealable.
- You can find them nationwide, including Walmart and Kroger NOW!
What’s your go-to recipes with mashed potatoes as a side dish?