If you’re looking for an easy and fun chocolate cake with a blast of peanut butter, you’re at the right spot! This is an easy bundt cake recipe using a boxed cake mix, but the peanut butter glaze is homemade – and super duper easy!
Ingredients for Bundt Cake:
- 1 Boxed Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/4 cup water
- 3 Eggs
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (or a smidge more 😉 )
- 3 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pour the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1/4 cup of milk into a small saucepan and whisk constantly on low-medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour the sugar and milk mixture into a mixing bowl.
Next, add the 1/4 cup of peanut butter into the mixing bowl and stir while the liquid is still nice and warm. It helps to make the peanut butter mix better. After that is all combined, add in the 3 tablespoons of butter (room temperature) and the 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Blend it all together until it’s nice and smooth – then set aside.
After your cake has finished baking, let it cool a bit then flip it over onto a cake stand or plate. Let it finish cooling a little longer. Once the cake is almost cool, go ahead and spoon or pour the peanut butter glaze on top and let it just fall down the sides and in the middle. You can also add a little powdered sugar, grated chocolate, or whatever you’d like to the top for pretty-ness sake ;)! I added a little chopped candy bar to mine.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out the others in my Recipe Box! Some of the reader favorites include:
- Mocha Frappe Homemade Recipe: Tastes Like McDonald’s!!!
- Easy Rich and Creamy Mashed Potatoes with a Twist Recipe
- Super Frugal and Healthy Chocolate Muffins | Only 2 Ingredients!!!
- Recipe: Honey Bunches of Oats Baked Chicken
- Ooey Gooey Monkey Bread Recipe