Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Smartypants Vitamins, however, all opinions and routine ideas are our own!
Morning Routines that Work!
Summer flew by faster than a jet airplane this year, didn’t it?! I’m telling you! BOOM. Before we knew it, it was already time to start school shopping and I was like, “Wait…what happened?!”.
That first week of getting everyone out the door is pretty ugly. The kid’s crying, husband’s crying…I’m crying. I’m just ready to get them outta my hair and get a cup of coffee, already! But by the 2nd week — things are moving much more smoothly! Shewweeee!
Our Moms Check In crew is sharing some easy morning routines that work! Keywords here being, “that work!”.
Take a few of these tips from us – and see if it doesn’t help make your mornings run a little smoother too! Be sure to chat with us on social media using hashtag #MomsCheckIn and #SmartyRoutines!
Make sure that you also RSVP to the upcoming #SmartyRoutines Twitter party where you can join the chat – plus we’ll be giving away some fantastic prizes!! Party is scheduled for August 31st at 9pm EST.
These are our our easy morning routines that work…
“Mornings for us are pretty different than they were last year! This year we are homeschooling so we have eliminated a lot of the rush which feels so amazing! I’m all for calm and less stress! One change that I have added to our routine is that I spend a few minutes (usually only 5-7) doing some yoga. It may sound silly or that those few minutes can’t really make a difference, but they do! It gives me a few minutes to just wake up, stretch and get ready. Then it’s breakfast, vitamins and beginning to get ready. I’ve also stopped the habit of waking up, grabbing my phone and checking my inbox in bed. Before, I was starting my day before I could even fully open my eyes! Small, simple changes have helped make our mornings not only calmer but so much more enjoyable. And when you start your mornings off enjoyable it’s much easier to have an awesome day!“
– Amanda is the mom to Joshua and owns It’s a Fabulous Life. If you are looking for a one stop place for all things mom, It’s a Fabulous Life is it! Full of recipes, fashion, DIY projects, recipes and parenting articles it’s the place for all of Mom’s favorites to come together! Follow her on Twitter here!
“Mornings are always busy! This year, we have lots of new things to experience: we’re in a new city, a new house and a new school district. Plus, Mike is no longer working outside the home. I feel like we’re starting our school morning routines from scratch. Thankfully, some of our usual habits will continue to serve us well. In the evening, I have Sam help me prep his backpack and clothes for the next day — this makes our morning so much easier! Once we’re up and around, I make his lunch while he eats breakfast. We follow breakfast with vitamins and a good teeth brushing. After a few minutes of reading and cuddles together, it’s time for out the door. I love the fall and I’m excited that back to school season is finally here!“
– Stephanie is the mom to Sam and the author of Spaceships and Laser Beams. If you ever need party ideas her site is the place to visit! Specializing in all things boy, it’s full of inspiration! Follow her on Twitter here!
“Honestly, mornings around here started out pretty rough when school started. Now that we’re 3 weeks in, things are smooth sailing. Setting the coffee pot timer the night before, is the FIRST thing I do! We also have clothes and backpacks laid out the night before. On the weekends, I use gallon sized bags to divy up lunch items for the days of the week. That way, all I have to do is grab the bag and put everything inside Eli’s lunchbox. It only takes a second, vs. 5 extra minutes out of the morning. Another thing I use that really helps us stick to our routine is cellphone timers. I have a timer for everything…and when the timer goes off, we do that task. Wash face and hands, brush teeth, get dressed, eat breakfast and take vitamins, grab backpack, say our morning prayer, watch for the bus. Works like a charm! Sounds a little OCD, right?! But hey — we get out the door on time and with less drama, each and every morning!! Plus, Eli thinks it’s fun and he likes to beat his time for each task. He looks at it as sort of a challenge!!“
– Jenni is the mom of one and the author of Sweet Pennies From Heaven. A hearth and home website, Sweet Pennies From Heaven focuses on recipes, crafts and creating a comfortable home. Follow her on Twitter here!
The struggle is so real ?. If you’re like us, your kids are dang picky. It’s tough to get those key nutrients like omega 3s and vitamin D3 into their diet. Salmon? Beans? Oh-kale-no! It’s time to #GetSmarty and introduce them to a gummy vitamin made with premium, non-GMO ingredients and a bit of soluble fiber to keep life moving right along 😉 #AllinOne #IngredientsMatter . . . #healthychoices #fiber #kidshealth #healthydiet #thegoodgummy #gummyvitamins #nutrients #vitamins
If I’m being 100% honest, my kiddo’s diet isn’t balanced. I’m betting that the majority of kids’ diets aren’t balanced. Just to ensure that they’re getting the things that they’re lacking…vitamins are a MUST. Our favorite is the SmartyPants vitamins! There are several reasons why…
- They’re yummy gummy vitamins, of course. Much easier to get kids to take gummies, than a pill or chalky chewable.
- They taste really good!
- Only the best ingredients are used. We’re talking non-GMO and contain no high-fructose corn syrup. They’re gluten free and contain no yeast, wheat, milk, eggs, gluten, salt, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, synthetic colors, artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
- Even their Omega 3s are sourced from eco-friendly small fish populations.
- SmartyPants vitamins pack in your vitamin needs in a yummy gummy. Yeah, yeah…this one was mentioned twice – but I think it’s worth repeating. (Find out more about what goes into their vitamins here!)
You’re invited — #SmartyRoutines Twitter Party
You’re welcome to come and party with us Wednesday, August 31st at 9pm EST. During our #SmartyRoutines Twitter party, we’ll be chatting about our morning routines plus we’ll have some awesome prizes to give away! Just RSVP below to be eligible to win!
Before you RSVP below…make sure that you’re following the #SmartyRoutines hosts below as well!
What is Moms Check In?
Who are the moms of Moms Check In? We’re 3 moms who are also professional bloggers. We chat about a new topic each week. We talk about things from dirty diapers to date night, and everything in between. Moms love to talk to other moms and let’s face it…MOMS know everything!!
Before you leave, let us know…
What are your easy morning routines that work?