This post brought to you by Vaseline. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Sweet Pennies From Heaven.
We just went from 70 degree weather to sub zero temps with wind chill, like….overnight. I just got back from my trip to Florida and we went straight into full on WINTER mode. So, with that – I’ve already started my regimen to prevent dry winter skin! Itchy, dry and scaly skin in the winter is NO fun. My husband tends to fight it more than I do, but I still have my fair share. So does our little man. If you fight the terrible itchy winter skin woes, then make sure that you’re doing these few simple tricks to combat it.
5 Tips to Prevent Dry Winter Skin
1. Turn down the heat. The warmer your house is, the drier your skin gets. We keep our thermostat set somewhere between 67 and 70 degrees.
2. Use a humidifier. I sing praises to our humidifiers! They put moisture back in the air that your heat is taking away. The moisture is excellent for your skin AND your sinusus. Keeping a little moisture in your home can also prevent sinus infections? True!
3. Take warm (not hot!) showers. Even when you come in out of the cold and want that super hot shower….don’t do it! It may feel good, but that hot water is drying your skin out.
4. Gloves! Yes…I know that seems like a no-brainer but how many times have you gone outside without gloves on? Then complain that your hands are cracking?! I know…I do it too but I’ve gotten to where I keep gloves IN my coat pockets so I can easily slip them on. More than just keeping your hands warm, they’re a protective barrier against cold wind chapping your skin.
5. Use an excellent moisturizing lotion – like Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair. This moisturizer is “The Official Lotion of Winter”! It’s clinically proven to heal very dry skin in 5 days!
More about Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair
It’s a deep moisturizer that relieves very dry skin from the first use. It contains a specially designed blend of glycerin and micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly, plus dimethicone which locks the moisture in! It’s perfect for anyone who fights severe dry skin all year long, especially in the winter months!
Vaseline sent me an awesome package a few days ago and I instantly put it to the test, considering I already had signs of really dry skin starting. Included in the package, were test strips to test how dry my skin really was. So, in order to get an accurate comparison for this post, I only used the lotion on my right leg for 5 days. I didn’t apply any to my left leg. You can see for youself the difference in the strips. The one on the left was used on my left leg (with no lotion) and the one on the right was used on my right leg which I had been applying the lotion. Pretty cool and gross at the same time, huh?! HAHA!
They also sent me a yummy container of Godiva Hot Chocolate Mix and an awesome mug personalized with my Twitter handle @sweetpennies. How awesome is that!!
I can really tell a massive difference in my skin overall when I use it daily and at night. I love to put it on my feet and then put on thick socks before going to sleep. It makes my feet feel so good! The Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair retails for just $4.99 for a 10 oz. bottle and can be found at your local stores.