15 Must-See Christmas Movies for the Whole Family
I admit that I begin watching Christmas movies long before it’s even Thanksgiving. I would be satisfied watching them all year long to be honest, but then I guess they wouldn’t be as special come Christmas time. Do you have any Christmas movie faves? Myself and our Moms Check In moms are sharing our favorites plus we’ve rounded up the top 15 and linked to them in case you’d like to add them to your own physical Christmas DVD collection. We’d love to hear yours too, so make sure to leave us a comment sharing your favorites! You can learn more about Moms Check In and who we are below.
- Arthur Christmas
- A Christmas Story
- Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas
- The Polar Express
- White Christmas
- The Original Christmas Classics Gift Set
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Disney’s A Christmas Carol
- Home Alone
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- It’s A Wonderful Life
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Miracle on 34th Street
“I love, love, love the classics! Miracle on 34th Street, It’s a Wonderful Life and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Gosh, actually, I really just love all of them. Eek! So excited for this time of year! Christmas movies are on NON-STOP at our house!“
– Amanda is the mom to Joshua and owns It’s a Fabulous Life. If you are looking for a one stop place for all things mom, It’s a Fabulous Life is it! Full of recipes, fashion, DIY projects, recipes and parenting articles it’s the place for all of Mom’s favorites to come together! Follow her on Twitter here!
“I get so excited when the Christmas movies start each year. Our absolute favorite is A Christmas Story. Our entire family has actually called it “the You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out Movie” for years! Our second favorite is Elf. Then I’d say Jim Carrey’s The Grinch and Polar Express tie for our third favorite.”
– Jenni is the mom of one and the author of Sweet Pennies From Heaven. A hearth and home website, Sweet Pennies From Heaven focuses on recipes, crafts and creating a comfortable home. Follow her on Twitter here!
“Christmas movies are a huge part of our holiday celebrations. They definitely get us in the spirit! Some of our favorites are Elf, Arthur Christmas, and A Christmas Story. The kids were already asking to watch Elf this weekend but I’m holding them off til Thanksgiving is over. Then, popcorn and movie time! Bring on Christmas!”
“My favorite Christmas movie of all time is White Christmas. I love the numerous set and costume changes. The will-they/won’t they love story. The behind the scenes of a variety show. And the poignancy today of a generation of soldiers who kept their wartime experiences bottled up inside.”
– Stephanie is the mom to Sam and the author of Spaceships and Laser Beams. If you ever need party ideas her site is the place to visit! Specializing in all things boy, it’s full of inspiration! Follow her on Twitter here!
Who are the moms of Moms Check In? We’re 4 moms who are also professional bloggers. We chat about a new topic each week. We talk about things from dirty diapers to date night, and everything in between. Moms love to talk to other moms and let’s face it…MOMS know everything!! If you happen to be a blogger also, and want to be a guest host one week, please fill out this form. We’d love to have you join us!
Before you leave, let us know…
What are your favorite Christmas movies?